- If your leather smartphone holster is subject to severe conditions; after wiping clean, apply any light oil or wax, such as that used to clean wooden furnishings. This will nourish and enrich the natural oils and fat-liquors of the leather.
- If your leather smartphone holster is badly marked or scratched, use a certified brand of shoe polish to seal the damage, then wipe off using the above.
- NEVER use solvents.
Remember that there are many leather preparations in the market. Any product recommended for use on leather furnishings will enhance the patina of your Nutshell. Ask your local retailer.
- Petroleum Jelly
- 1 tablespoon on vinegar and 1 tablespoon of ammonia diluted with 3 3/4 cups (30 fl. oz.) of warm water.
- Eucalyptus Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of borax mixed with 2 1/2 cups (20 fl. oz.) of warm water.
DOs and DONTs
- Never use hot water on leather - it can distort or shrink.
- Never use furniture polish, waxes, paraffin oil, shallac or varnish.
- Do not saturate leather with water.
- When cleaning or polishing, rub fairly briskly ...but not too hard.
- Clean leather at least once a month and do not let dust accumulate.
After cleaning, rub briskly all over with a cloth dipped in raw linseed oil, glycerine or castor oil. Rub in one direction only to avoid streaking.