Caring for your Leather Smartphone Holster
Because your Nutshell is made from Genuine Leather, it may be tight at first...
You can very easily make it a perfect fit.
- Gently dampen the case with water...DO NOT soak it!
- Find an old computer power transformer, or something big and fat...and stuff it into your Nutshell.
- Do not worry, you will not break your Nutshell!
- Let the case slowly dry overnight.
- The next day, remove the object from your Nutshell, and put your PDA back into it...for an easy fit that will only get better over time.
Remember that there are many leather preparations in the market. Any product recommended for use on leather furnishings will enhance the patina of your Nutshell. Ask your local retailer.
- Petroleum Jelly
- 1 tablespoon on vinegar and 1 tablespoon of ammonia diluted with 3 3/4 cups (30 fl. oz.) of warm water.
- Eucalyptus Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of borax mixed with 2 1/2 cups (20 fl. oz.) of warm water.
DOs and DONTs
- Never use hot water on leather - it can distort of shrink.
- Never use furniture polish, waxes, paraffin oil, shallac or varnish.
- Do not saturate leather with water.
- When cleaning or polishing, rub fairly briskly ...but not too hard.
- Clean leather at least once a month and do not let dust accumulate.
After cleaning, rub briskly all over with a cloth dipped in raw linseed oil, glycerine or castor oil. Rub in one direction only to avoid streaking.